Improving Food Access & Changing the Food System
Our initiatives balance near-term solutions with long-term systemic changes that get people the food they need today while establishing critical policies, infrastructure and partnerships that support the creation of a sustainable, healthful and affordable food system for the future.
We recognize that achieving our mission and vision will require regional, coordinated action so food security is addressed holistically and that Orange County is recognized as a community with significant hunger needs.
OC Food Access programs and initiatives promote:
- Systems Change
- Policy Advocacy
- Local Research & Data
- Education & Community Engagement
Our activities, projects and policy recommendations will:
- Address the needs of the most vulnerable people in Orange County
- Promote the health and wellbeing of the whole person and whole community
- Be sustainable and just – economically, socially and environmentally
- Promote positive systemic change